Birmingham Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful Death Attorney Serving Alabama
The loss of a loved one can be the most challenging event in one’s life. It can be even more challenging if the death was a result of a person’s negligent actions. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, you need the help of Annesley DeGaris at DeGaris Law.
We can help recover damages for your loss
- Loss of income for future wages the deceased would have made
- Medical care costs
- Pain and suffering because of the loss of a loved one’s support
- Funeral expenses
Who can file a wrongful death claim?
Alabama state law dictates who can sue and what amount of money they can sue for. If someone is wrongfully killed, the surviving heirs and beneficiaries can file a lawsuit against the party responsible for the death. Don’t delay filing your claim! If you don’t file in time you can give away your rights in recovering damages. The Alabama courts and legal services also have information about wrongful death claims.
- Car accidents. This is the leading cause of all claims. These accidents can result from many situations such as driving while intoxicated, driving fatigued, reckless driving, or driver inexperience.
- Pedestrian accidents. A person doesn’t stand a chance against a fast-moving vehicle. When a car strikes a pedestrian it can most likely end in death. These accidents can be caused by impaired driving, reckless driving, and poor pedestrian visibility conditions.
- Medical malpractice. Some of the most experienced medical professionals can still make mistakes. Often these mistakes, like misdiagnosis or surgery errors, can result in death.
- Workplace accidents. Most workplace accidents are minor, but in some rare cases, they can be fatal. Jobs involving manual labor or workers using large machinery can result in a very hazardous work environment.
These scenarios are just a few of the many possible wrongful death cases. If your loved one suffered a premature death due to an avoidable accident you may be able to get compensation for your loss.
Get a Free Consultation
If you think that you have been victimized you may be entitled to fair compensation. Contact DeGaris Law today for a free consultation regarding your legal rights.
GET YOUR FREE CASE EVALUATION NOW!