What To Do After An Accident.
Here are 8 steps you should take if you are ever involved in an accident:
- CALL 911 TO REPORT THE ACCIDENT and any injuries, including your own, if you are able.
- HELP THE INJURED if you can.
- TAKE PICTURES of all cars and include skid marks, vehicle damage, road signs.
- MOVE YOUR CAR if the accident is a fender bender to avoid creating a traffic jam.
- NEVER ADMIT GUILT. Do not apologize to other drivers or law enforcement officers.
- SIGN THE TICKET if you get one. It is not an admission of guilt. And the law requires it.
- COLLECT INFORMATION from all drivers: name, license plate, insurance company.
- CALL DeGaris and Rogers Attorneys at Law at 205-236-9808