Birmingham Alabama Wrongful Death Attorney
The loss of a loved one can be the most challenging event in one’s life. It can be even more challenging if the death was a result of a person’s negligent actions. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, you need the help of a Birmingham Alabama Wrongful Death Attorney at DeGaris & Rogers.
We can help recover damages for your loss
- Loss of income for future wages the deceased would have made
- Medical care costs
- Pain and suffering because of loss of a loved one’s support
- Funeral expenses
Who can file a wrongful death claim?
Alabama state law dictates who can sue and what amount of money they can sue for. If someone is wrongfully killed Alabahma law dictates who can file a wrongful death lawsuit against the party responsible for the death. Don’t delay filing your claim! If you don’t file in time you can give away your rights in recovering damages for your wrongful death claim. The Alabama courts and legal services also has information about wrongful death claims.
Common wrongful death cases
- Car accidents. This is the leading cause for all wrongful death claims. These accidents can result from many situations like: driving while intoxicated, driving fatigued, reckless driving or driver inexperience.
- Pedestrian accidents. A person doesn’t stand a chance against a fast-moving vehicle. When a car strikes a pedestrian it can most likely end in death. These accidents can be caused by impaired driving, reckless driving and poor pedestrian visibility conditions.
- Product Liability. Dangerous drugs, medical devices, and other products can result in injury and death.
- Workplace accidents. Most workplace accidents are minor, but in some rare cases they can be fatal. Jobs involving manual labor or workers using large machinery can result in a very hazardous work environment.
These scenarios are just a few of the many possible wrongful death cases. If your loved one suffered a premature death due to an avoidable accident you may be able to get compensation for your loss.
Receive a Free Consultation with a Wrongful Death Attorney
If your loved one has experienced a wrongful death you may be entitled to fair compensation. Contact our Alabama Wrongful Death Attorneys today for a Free Consultation regarding your legal rights.